Essex Public Health Evidence-Based Practice
EPHRU has relocated to Essex County Council with
the Public Health team and from now on will be known
as the Evidence-Based Practice Team.
Our new email address is:
This new role has caused a slight change in service delivery and also due to lack of space in County Hall, we no longer supply users with book stock. The catalogue is still running for eBooks. In future our service will include the following or variations thereof, once we have determined exactly what is needed:
- Literature searching for evidence and good practice, both proactively as well as to support team projects.
- Horizon scanning and evidence summaries
- Current awareness bulletins (and blogs if software is compatible)
- Training for staff to carry out their own research
- Table of contents provision for key PH and commissioning journals
- Support for research networks
- Subscription to relevant specialist databases not free or provided by NHS e.g. sociological databases and/or HEED (Health Economic Evaluation Database). Continued subs to WoS (Web of Science which also has built in reference managing tools)
- Critical appraisal (if staff numbers and resources permit)
- Article tracing and provision
- Support for Joint Service Needs Assessment (JSNA)
- Input to Annual Public Health Report
Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
ePH Evidence QR Code
Click the link to Register.
Register to sign up to alerts and all services
Click the link to view eBooks.
We have over 400 eBooks on our catalogue which include 95 new Public Health titles
Protecting People Promoting Health: a public health approach to violence prevention in England
General health checks in adults for reducing morbidity and mortality from disease
To view more Public Health Key Documents
What about the children? Joint working between adult and children's services when parents or carers have mental ill health and/or drug and alcohol problems
Whole-person care: from rhetoric to reality: achieving parity between mental and physical health
To view more Mental Health Key Documents